The popularity of Instagram as a social media platform in Indonesia is undeniable. Instagram is one of the top five most used social media platforms in Indonesia. Undoubtedly, Instagram has become an excellent medium for selling products, finding customers, and growing a business. The good news is that Facebook has recently launched its Instagram Messaging API for business account users, promising more flexibility and opportunities for enterprises and online shop owners.
What advantages will businesses get by using the Instagram Messaging API?
The good news is that businesses can now integrate Instagram Direct Message (DM) with multichannel dashboards, with Qiscus Multichannel Chat as an example. The integration of the Instagram Messaging API with Multichannel Chat allows businesses to interact with their customers who connect with them from multiple messaging platforms through a single chat User Interface (UI). This means that consumer messages from Instagram DM, WhatsApp, Twitter DM, LINE and so on are received and responded to through the same dashboard, namely Multichannel Chat.
There are conditions that must be met by business users when using the Instagram Messaging API.
Business users must have a professional account on Instagram, be it Business or Instagram Creator Accounts, and the Instagram account must be connected to a Facebook Page.
In addition, there is also a requirement criteria for the number of followers. Facebook has divided it into three launch phases, namely:
- First phase (June 2021): Instagram account with 10K – 100K followers
- Second phase (Currently): Instagram account with 1K – 100K followers
- Third phase (End of Q3 2021): All professional accounts
This means that as of July 2021, business users who have followers between 1K to 100K will be able to integrate their Instagram accounts with Qiscus Multichannel Chat.
Instagram Messaging API Integration Tutorial with Multichannel Chat
To integrate an Instagram professional account with Qiscus Multichannel Chat, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Qiscus Multichannel Chat dashboard using your email and password
2. Select the ‘Integrations’ menu on the left
3. Select an Instagram channel.
4. Click the ‘Add Instagram Account’ button.
5. In the next step, login to your Facebook business account.
6. After successfully connecting with Facebook, you will be asked to fulfill some settings, including:
a. Selecting the Instagram account that you want to integrate with Multichannel Chat.
b. Selecting the Facebook Page that you want to integrate with Multichannel Chat.
c. Allowing all settings below.
d. Once all the steps have been completed, your Facebook is now successfully connected to the Multichannel Chat dashboard.
7. Next, select the Facebook Page that is already connected to your Instagram business account. Then, click the ‘Next’ button.
8. Next, you can specify the “Channel Auto Responder” setting to be turned on now or later.
9. Your Instagram Business account is now successfully integrated with Qiscus Multichannel Chat.
You can now interact with customers who contact you through Instagram Direct Message via the Qiscus Multichannel Chat dashboard.
Still confused? We got you covered. You can watch our step by step tutorial below to integrate Instagram Messaging API to our Multichannel Chat.
Communication is one of the primary keys for you to increase customer satisfaction. Therefore, integrating the Instagram Messaging API into your processes allows you to deliver more effective, real-time communication and expand your reach to more potential customers.
Want to know more about Instagram Messaging API and its features? Qiscus can help you! Discover more about Instagram Messaging API by visiting our website here.